Specialist in teaching with person-centred and therapeutic approaches for children and young people (Key Stages 2 and 3) who are experiencing difficulties accessing learning due to anxiety.
This might be related to:
- social anxiety
- school phobia
- communication need e.g. Selective Mutism, social communication or developmental language needs.
- specialist assessments with staff, young person and family to gain insights into the needs of the young person and others within the context of the difficulties;
- facilitated ‘collaborative problem-solving’ meetings to plan for engagement in learning;
- guidance ‘every step of the way’ in the implementation of a bespoke engagement or reintegration plan;
- short-term tuition personalised to the young person’s interests that supports re-engagement in learning and improvements in self-confidence and well-being.