Specialist in teaching and coaching with person-centred and therapeutic approaches for children and young people who are struggling emotionally, socially and/or experiencing barriers to learning.
This might be related to:
- trauma (including trauma caused by impact of unsupportive environments, particularly for neurodivergent children and young people e.g autistic burnout, bullying, discrimination).
- social anxiety
- school phobia
- communication differences that impact on ability to be and feel understood by others and relate to others e.g. Neurodivergence, Selective Mutism, Relational/Developmental Trauma or developmental language needs.
- specialist assessments with young person, family and settings to gain insights into the unique profile of the young person;
- specialist interventions that support the child or young person’s sensory profile to increase wellbeing and ability to re-engage with the world and to access learning;
- facilitated ‘collaborative problem-solving’ meetings to plan for engagement in learning;
- guidance ‘every step of the way’ in the implementation of a bespoke engagement or reintegration plan;
- short-term coaching and mentoring personalised to the young person’s interests that supports social engagement and improvements in self-confidence and well-being.
Read about How Therapeutic Teaching came about and the positive outcomes from this intensive work.
Do you know a child, young person or adult who is struggling with anxiety or self-regulation? struggling to communicate? to engage with family life? with school, college or work?
Have you considered The Safe and Sound Protocol? Find out more here.
Certified provider of The Safe and Sound Protocol, an intervention that assists in optimising the conditions for therapy. For further information click on the image and download the information sheet: Safe and Sound Protocol – Therapeutic Teaching.
‘The [Safe and Sound Protocol] SSP has been the only intervention that has made a difference to our child.’ Parent of J, aged 10 (Neurodivergent)
I’m feeling better at Maths and English, I’ve got a lot better at understanding the question being asked. SSP and Focus has helped.’ E, Year 11 (Emotional health and social anxiety)
‘Cath has a gentle approach, E is comfortable that her emotions and learning difficulties are supported in every session… Massive progress has been made over the last few months [Focus Program]’ Parent of E, aged 15 (Emotional health and social anxiety)
‘A——- is a lot more assertive, confident, happier, has a better relationship with us’ (Post SSP evaluation- Parents of A, aged14 – Neurodivergent & Selective Mutism)
Certified provider of The Focus Program, an educational tool for improving brain and body function. Filtered music with movement and language support changes in sensory systems, the body’s organisation. As the body becomes organised, so does the brain. With increased organisation the brain is able to process information from our environment, sustain attention and learn.
For further information download the information sheet: The Focus Program – Therapeutic Teaching
State your interest in The Safe and Sound Protocol or The Focus Program on the Contact Form.